Monday, February 23, 2009

The Diet

Well, in my first post I kinda mentioned the diet I had planned for the year. And last Monday, I started the process. Why a diet? Well there are many reasons, some serious and some not.

First, health reasons. A few years ago, LeAnn and I went to the Virgin Islands. We went on a boat tour of the British Virgin Islands. On one of the stops, we had to jump off the boat and swim to shore. I almost didn't make it. It was very scary and honestly, it was embarrassing. Normally, the distance of the swim should not have been a problem. It was the first time I realized age and lifestyle were catching up with me. Of course, with my job, I work in a different town every day, which usually means fast food for lunch. And with the kid's homework every night, or running to sport practices and games, there isn't time for working out or running. So, now I have decided to take care of myself. If I don't do it now, I never will.

Secondly, our family vacation out west this summer. I know when we get out there, I am going to want to do some hiking. Hiking is one of my favorite hobbies. In the shape I am in now, there is no way I will be able to do that and enjoy the vacation. This is a dream vacation for me, so I am going to make sure I enjoy it to the fullest. My goal is to have all the weight I want to lose gone by the time we leave on June 17th.

Thirdly, it is vanity. Pure and simple, I don't like the way I look fat. The goal I have set is to get down to my college weight. I have a long way to go.

I have been on the diet for one week. I lost 3 1/4 lbs. It is a start and I have a long way to go. But if I can average that, I should reach my goals that I have set.

Well, there ya go. I am on a diet for only the second time in my life. I was successful the last time, and I have every intention of being so again. I will post each week the amount I have lost. And hopefully this will keep me on track.

3 1/4 down....31 3/4 to go.

1 comment:

  1. 3 1/4 lbs. in one week?! I'd say that's a dang awesome start! True determination Kerry!

    ReplyDelete