Monday, March 9, 2009

This and That and Then Some More

It has been a few days since my last posting. It isn't that I haven't had anything to tell you about, but I didn't think any of it would qualify for a post in itself. Then I was reading Jessica's blog and got inspired. For those of you who don't know who Jessica is, she is LeAnn's brother Matt's wife. In other words, LeAnn's sister-in-law, and my fellow Outlaw! You can link over to Jessica's blog from here. Anyway, on Jessica's blog she listed twenty things about herself that you might of might not know. It got me to thinking that might be a great way to get everything in. So with kudos to Jessica for a great idea, here are my twenty things.

1.) Last weekend Abby played in a soccer tournament in Memphis. The first game was played on Saturday morning. It was freezing and windy, but hey we won 4-2 over the Memphis Rush Swoosh team. Way to go Lady Wolves!

2.) The second game was played in a hard sleet and was miserable. The girls were running in slow motion and the ball wouldn't move because of the slush. The finally called the game at the half.

3.) We stayed overnight at LeAnn's parent's house and watched it snow.

4.) By the next day we were able to leave around noon and head to Jackson. It took around 2 hours to get home. It usually only takes one hour.

5.) Jackson got 13" of snow. Yep, a record. There was still around 8 1/2" in our yard by the time we got home. It was a good snow. Deep and great to play in, but off the roads and easy to travel in. This weekend it was in the 70's.

6.)We are very happy that Abby and Ian's basketball season is over. We now only play soccer. Of course, it is March and the college basketball tournaments are in full swing. Abby is also Union University's basketball team's ballgirl. The Lady Bulldogs are 31-1 and ranked #1 in the nation for the NAIA. Tonight they play in their conference championship game for an automatic bid to the national tournament, which happens to be held here in Jackson.

7.) I am addicted to Facebook. I really don't know how this happened. But it is very cool. I had reconnected with high school friends I haven't seen in over twenty years and college fraternity brothers I haven't seen since....well, we won't go there. I got to catch up with friends that are in Sweden, and Kenya. Friends that are now all over the country. If you haven't been on Facebook, give it a try.

8.) Be careful when you ask your boss a simple question. Sometimes those simple questions blow up into big hornet's nest. I mean one simple question, and now people are coming down from Nashville and Murfreesboro, to help with some kind of unlicensed activity. I mean, really, it was a simple question!

9.) The diet is going well. Not as well as I would like, but then again I am impatient. I kind of hit a wall during the second week, but things are moving down again. My goal is to lose 35 pounds by June 15th. I figure if I can lose ten pounds a month, I will make. I am still on that course.

10.) My friend Jason and his wife Heidi, are still going through their Ukraine adoption saga. Jason had to come home, but Heidi and their daughter Dinah are still there. They now have Dimitri who they are now calling Louis and have moved on to Kiev. All they lack now is the Louis' physical exam and his passport paperwork at the U.S. Embassy. They hope to leave for home on Thursday.

11.) Our new puppy, Nikko, is now 5 months old. He is already bigger than our two year old dog, Sam. They said they thought Nikko would be around 100 pounds when he gets full grown. He is almost halfway there now.

12.) I can't wait for our vacation this summer to Yellowstone National Park and many points in between. I often just get online and plan the trip and see what else there is to do. There is no way we are going to get everything in.

13.) Last week was the end of the kid's third quarter. Only one to go...Hallelujah! It has been a long year already. Especially for Abby. Way too much homework for a 4th grader!

14.) LeAnn and I went and saw Legally Blond the Musical at the Orpheum theater in Memphis. It was hilarious and a great date night.

15.) We also saw the Drowsy Chaperone about a month ago. Another great show. LeAnn's sister-in-law (and my fellow Outlaw) Megan, and her brother Jon perform in regional theatre productions in Minneapolis. LeAnn and I agree they need to do this musical, and Jon must play the lead. He would be perfect.

16.) I am running out of things to write about. Can you tell?

17.) My favorite color is blue. Always has been. Don't know why.

18.) I just bought the new U2 CD. Haven't listened to it yet. Wanted to but the first time I was in the car alone, I left it on my dresser. I expect it to be great. Hope I'm not disappointed.

19.) I haven't read any good books lately. But I want to. Really don't have the time. But will try and find some time.

20.) Daylight Savings Time is great. But for the first couple of days it pretty much sucks. I want that one hour of sleep back...now!!

There I made it. Thanks Jessica for the inspiration, and that should get you caught up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment