Monday, March 16, 2009

Catch Up and Update




Today marks the conclusion of one complete month on the big diet. As of this morning, I have lost a total of eleven pounds. Not too bad, I think. Considering during week two, I hit a wall and barely lost any during that week. What is exciting for me, is that some time during the next week, I should drop under 200 pounds for the first time in a year and a half. I have always been thin and my weight has never really been an issue. What concerned me this time, was how fast the weight was coming on, and my eating habits were not helping at all. And of course, my physical fitness was completely gone. Of course, it probably also has a lot to do with the fact that I am now well over the age of 40 and I am making some lame attempt to hang on to my youth. But, I guess there are worse ways to go through a mid-life crisis. So there you go, I am making good progress toward my goal of 35 pounds. I am completely determine to climb that mountain this summer, both figuratively and literally.




Also, I should give you an update on our friends Jason and Heidi Batchelor. The whole family finally made it home in the early hours of Saturday morning. Louis is now an American citizen and home in Tennessee. I really can't wait to meet him soon. It was a long ordeal for them that lasted two full months. Thanks to every one that kept them in their prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah:) I am so glad to hear that everyone made it back to the States!!! And that Louis is now an American citizen! What a special moment and time for their family!!!

    And good work on the diet Kerry. You are making progress and that is what counts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I see a few pounds creeping up on my mid-section too. Being pro-active, I registered to run the Peachtree Road Race - a 10k through the streets of downtown ATL....July 4th....very early in the morning. Not sure what I was thinking since in the past I have had a laugh or two at those friends of mine who got up early on their day off to run and sweat.

    ReplyDelete